Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crown Burger


Address: 3190 Highland Dr., SLC, UT 84106. 801.467.6633.

Review: Okay, okay, I have to admit something: I have lived in Utah for years and never tried a crown burger. The idea of putting pastrami on a cheeseburger just doesn't sound particularly tasty. Yeah, I was completely wrong.


There's something utterly satisfying about peppery, paprika-y pastrami nestled atop a cheeseburger. (I wish the burger patty had been a bit thicker and more medium rare-ish, but this is a fast food joint, so you can't ask for the moon.) What really puts the crown burger over the top though is the interaction of the meat with the creamy, ever so quotidian american cheese. The juice of the pastrami and the fat of the patty melt into the cheese and make a wonderful, tasty liquid that tickles the taste buds. And there is just enough of tomato and greenery to cut through the meat and cheese; although this vegetable matter is honestly not much more than a backdrop. In all, a quite enjoyable burger experience.

Then there were the fries.


There are any number of awards in the restaurant touting Crown Burger's fries as the best in SLC. This is a bit of an oversell. The fries are good and crispy, but they are a little heavy and not as crispy as many other fries I've had in SLC. Now, don't get me wrong, the fries are solid, just not quite as good as Crown Burger advertises.

Ultimately, me likely. Certainly one of the better fast-food burgers I've had thusfar in Utah.

Rating: 6.5/10 (5/10 is average).

Crown Burgers (Mill Creek) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. And that, my friend, is why I must adjust my route during lunch time to avoid Crown Burger...

    If only it was as easy to avoid Apollo.

    ReplyDelete