Sunday, July 10, 2011

Italy

Alright, so anyone who read this blog on a regular basis (i.e., all three of you) knows that I don't speak often about personal matters. This post will be an exception to that rule. My wife is performing the lead role in Rossini's "Cinderella" in Italy right now. She auditioned for this part months ago, and when she did, I hatched a plan. The plan was to lie to my beautiful wife for months by telling her I could not spare the time to visit Italy and see her sing. Without giving too much detail, the plan worked perfectly. I arrived yesterday and she was duly surprised.

And since blogging about food has become my wont, I will regale you with my meals during this vacation. But first, some rules, and here is why. Because I visit Italy often, I have my favorite foodstuffs. This time, however, I wanted to force myself to branch out and eat items I've never tried before. Hence the following:

1. No pizza
2. Every dish ordered must be unique (as in I've never eaten that particular dish before)
3. Eat the dishes typical to the city in which I am eating

And without further ado, let's get our grub on.

No comments:

Post a Comment