Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lamb's Grill Cafe

Address: 169 S Main St., Salt Lake City, UT 84111. 801.364.7166.

Review: I experienced the Lamb's Grill Cafe for the first time during a recent group lunch. We all sat in the dining hall in the back of the restaurant. The ambiance was great. Classy. Relaxed. Quiet. Everything you want in a great lunch spot. The food, however, was not good.

Since our group was of fairly ample size, we had a limited menu. I chose a ground beef steak. The steak was altogether dry and tough. Worse yet, it was smothered with a vinegary roasted bell pepper sauce. There was almost as much sauce as steak -- never a good thing. The mashed potatoes were unremarkable, and the vegetables were standard, unseasoned steamed vegetables with about as much character as your junior high math teacher.

Attempting to assess whether I just picked a substandard dish, I talked to others around me about their food. All said the same thing: The food wasn't very good. Eventually, one of the lunch organizers told me they knew the food wasn't that good, but they chose Lamb's Grill because of its downtown location and the dining hall space. Sounds about right.

I honestly hope the rating I'm about to give will change as I frequent the Lamb's Grill again. That said, hope doesn't change bad food into good food.

Rating: 4/10 (5/10 is average)

Lamb's Grill Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment