Saturday, March 19, 2011

B & D Burgers

Address: 222 S 1300 E, SLC, UT 84102. 801.582.7200.

Review: About two years ago I decided to take a vegetarian friend's challenge to abstain from meat for a month. (She called it the "veg pledge," which I thought was a bit too reminiscent of Evangelical "chastity pledges," but whatever.) Good experience; was happy when it ended though. Now, I've decided to go the other way by eating a meat heavy diet for a month. I'm not evangelizing for either diet, but thought I would mention it to explain why I frequented B & D Burgers after dropping my wife off at the U for one of her many opera rehearsals.

Honestly, I cannot remember the name of the burger I ordered. It consisted, however, of two patties of charred beef, loads of cheese, and bacon. It, unabashedly, was what it was: a big honkin' load of beef and pig. And it was good, nothing special, but solid.

The bun was hearty enough to soak up the meat juices without becoming remotely soggy. The meat, while a little more charred than I like (I could taste a bit of carbonization), was solid. The bacon was, well, tasty bacon. The cheese american, I think. Solid burger. Very satisfying.

In the end, if you're looking for a gourmet burger, B & D ain't your joint. If you're looking for a solid burger with no pretense, B & D delivers.

Rating: 6/10 (5/10 is average).

B & D Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment